Sunday, August 08, 2010

Diabetes and Me Day 4

Day 4


Hunger is still the pervading problem. The constant craving for food and knowing I can't have what I want is driving me mad.

I feel tired and this is compounded by not sleeping well at night. Even though I'm off work at the moment, I can't help but keep on thinking about it!! This isn't helping either.

Today I invested in a blood glocose monitor. I bought a Accu-Chek Compact GT. It only cost £15.69 from Boots, for what it does the price is very reasonable. There is a pricker on the side and when you prick your finger a test strip comes from the bottom of the monitor and you scoop the blood into the bottom of the strip and hey presto, you have your reading.

Palying about with it today I tested myself at 3.00pm and the result was 15.1 and then again at 7.00pm after my wholemeal pasta tuna salad and it was 16.5. The norm I think is 6, however at the Doctors on thursday it was 29!!!!

I post the daily result and hopefully it begins to go down.

No comments: