Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sad story

Its very rarely that a story registers anything other than the facts to me.

The following story has unfolded over the last week, it resinated more to me because of it involving a single parent and a four year old toddler. I know i'm not single, but I spent three months bringing Elizabeth up on my own until Nuch came over to the UK. Also because of Nuch working shifts, I do bring Elizabeth up more than usual.

The first part of the story involved a tragic fall from a 10th story apartment of a four year old in Pattaya Thailand. Accidents happen, no matter how you try to avoid them.

The second part in volves the Father of the young boy not being able to cope with his loss and takes his own life.

Click on both of these links to read the full story.

What would I do in these circumstances? Who knows, hopefully I wouldn't take my own life, but grief is a learning process...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every child is the most precious thing for all parents. When this kind of tragic story appears on the news, it will always unsettle everybody, especially parents. If I had to face the same situation, I would not be able to cope either.