Monday, August 30, 2010

Diabetes and Me Day 26

I was really happy when the Doctor prescribed Metformin. It's technically a appertite surprescent, so I was hoping it would help me on my diet. Well this week it didn't, I lost no weight which was a little disheartening.


Having said that, it was my birthday on tuesday and I had a lovely meal, then on thursday and friday whilst camping I wasn't on my best food behaviour, couple this with a macDonald on friday evening and I guess I did well not to put a load of weight on.

Today I did about two hours hard excercise on the bike and I must admit I now feel pretty weak and keep on having dizzy spells, I don't know whether it's me being super out of condition or it's down to a side effect from the diabetes. Something I need to take advice on.

I took a glucose reading on saturday (10.5 mmo/l) and last night (8.8 mmo/l), both good readings.

No comments: