Saturday, August 14, 2010

Diabetes and Me Day 10

Things are definately looking up, the diet is becoming more normal. I ate out for the first time since this all started. I had a jacket potato with chilli con carni. No butter and a diet coke, I really enjoyed it.


I also had my first cheat on my diet, after dinner I had a chocolate couissant type thing that nuch bought. It was nice and so far the effects are none excistant.

My glucose count went right down to 6.1 mmo/l, that looks great, unfortunately I tested one hour later than normal and the effect of food in my body was lower. On a positive note all the readings do seem to be going in a downward arc, i'm under no illusion that i'm cured but I do feel better than I did this time last week. This is a rest of my life thing...

I also downloaded an app for my iPhone. Glucose Buddy allows you to log your daily food intake, glucose reading and excercise done. You load the data then it downloads it to their website so you can keep an up to date account of your diabetes. First inpressions are good.

No comments: