Sunday, August 15, 2010

Diabetes and Me Day 11

Desite a phone call from work trying to wind me up, yesterday was a very good day. The diet is becoming second nature, last night I made chicken fajitas! Sounds fatty, but no:


1 chicken breast (little fat)
capful of olive oil
1 red pepper
1 onion
3 spoons of cottage cheese
3 tea spoons of salsa
3 wholemeal tortilla flours
1 1/2 packet of fajita mix

Fry the sliced chicken, pepper and onion in the olive oil. Add the fajita mix. Cook until the chicken is throughly cooked.

Put the tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds

drain excess oil out of pan and scoop 3 equal portions onto the tortilla's then put on cottage cheese and salsa.

Wrap or roll them up and eat......

Cookery lesson over for today. My Glucose level was only 6.5 mmo/l but this reading isn't what it seems! I took the reading three hours later than uaual so wasn't a reliable reading.

All looking good, I hope starting back to work on monday goes smoothly....

No comments: