Saturday, September 10, 2005

Executive Marketing Manager

I've only gone and got myself a job!

The company is called "Future Engineering Consultants", it is around a 30 minute bus ride fron the Condo. I had an interview for the above position two weeks ago, basically it is a Engineering Consultancy who design and build stuctures such as Banks and Universities around Thailand. They want me to look for foreign companies who are building in Thailand, approach them and try and get the business, also they want to set up their web site, overall the Companies profile, set out a new display pitch to new clients and try and give the staff an understanding of how foreigners work.
The last point will be the hardest, as most of you who have worked with me before, I try to avoid work were ever possible!
It is only a four month contract with an option to extend, the salary is less than half I was on in the UK, although at only 3% tax, its not so bad. Its also nearly four times the average Thai wage, so not so bad.
I'd better get used to getting up early again, I'm glad i've got the job, now things will stop feeling like a holiday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you take a job because you were bored, because of financial needs or was it something else that dragged you back to the office?

Anonymous said...

shit, my new website where I post the Thai houseplans I'm looking at is called http://www.thaihouseplans.net - that is .net, not .com...