Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Bangkok Life Part 10


Hello Everybody,
What a mad, mad week! Dave, an old mate from the UK arrived in Bangkok on business, I met him at the airport on Thursday afternoon and after he got settled down in another mate’s Condo, off we popped for a few beers in one of the best drinking holes in Bangkok. “Gulliver’s” is in the Sukhumvit tourist road on Soi 5. It’s a large Pub/Restaurant, does pretty good food and loads of staff to keep you from waiting. There are a fair few Working Girls for anyone looking for alternative entertainment. Anyway after 4 or 5 beers I made my way home, promising to meet up on Friday night.
Friday night began at a fairly slow pace, a few beers, some good food and a chat with a few friends who came in later and the night progressed splendidly. Later we went to the Hard Rock CafĂ© in Siam Square, this is one of the doing-it places in Bangkok and I will do a post on it in the near future. The Girls in here are very attractive, what you would call “High Class”, but me being a good boy, I didn’t notice! To cut a long story short and a bottle Jim Beam later I had to go back to the Condo, I was absolutely slaughtered. I got back to the Condo, Somehow? Nuch was disgusted with me! I don’t blame her. I was sick as a dog all night and had to write Saturday off through a mother hangover, I will never drink again. Luckily my best mate Phil is over next week and he enjoys quiet nights in with a DVD and a pizza, Not!

This week’s beer is probably the most popular beer in Thailand, Singha Beer is a very sweet lager beer, when ice cold it’s just about the most refreshing drink that I’ve tasted, the sweetness can get a little much, but by this time you’ll be to far gone to worry. Out of respect for Singha I’ve tasted it out of a bottle, the only way it should be drunk, it can be bought in half pint cans for about 27p per can and at 6% is 29% stronger than Stella girls drink, this also puts it at only £2.02 to be something approaching me on Saturday morning. Next week I will be announcing the winner of the best Thai Beer (according to me).

Taste 8/10
Ease of getting pissed 7/10
Value 9/10
Total score 24

A few pictures of some animals I’ve come across this week, first picture is of Gordon, and Gordon is my pet Gecko. Every home in Thailand as one of these little lizards in their home, they help keep the insects down and aren’t that much trouble, one thing to remember is, don’t pick them up by the tail, their defence is that the tail will come off in your fingers and he will run off to grow a new one.
This second picture is of a couple of kittens on a stand at the Border market I went to, where ever you go in the world, people enjoy pets, no matter how poor and this Cambodian woman was well impressed that a Farang like me would like cats.

1 comment:

BangkokRam said...

I'm surprised they wanted to live in Hull!