Friday, July 22, 2005

Bangkok Life Part 4



Hello Everybody,
This week as been marked by me actually doing something, on Monday I started Thai lessons, and boy is it difficult, it is a language with 13 vowels and 44 letters in the alphabet, mix this with 38 years of practicing broad Derbyshire and you’ll see the hurdle I have to get over. The school that I attend in the middle of Bangkok as asked me if I would be interested in teaching English lessons. Umm, I not that good myself, anyway I’ve said I will do 2 or 3 lessons for free, see how I get on, they have a syllabus, I just follow the script. Although I may teach them phrases should they ever end up in the Market Place in Derby “Hey up Youth” and “Two pint o’ Stella an a pint o’ Pedi, please Love”.

I have also decided to conduct a six week study into Thai Beer, it obviously goes against my usual abstinence were alcohol is concerned, but I feel I owe it to all recipients of this email. The first Beer is called “Beer Chang” and as you will see they are also the sponsors of Everton Football Club. Like all Thai beer, it is really a lager, it as a very sharp, bitter taste and at a massive 6.4%abv, it’s a packs a big punch. The cost in the city is about £1 per pint , or in the Supermarket near me it is 25p for a half pint can, so for £2, you can get tanked up to a real wife beating frenzy.

Taste 6/10
Ease of getting pissed 9/10
Value 9/10

Total score 24

Also this week, you’ll see the unusual fruit, this is called a Dragon Fruit. The outside of the fruit is similar to a huge radish, about two tennis balls size, you cut them in half length ways and then peel each side off. The white fruit in the middle is sweet, but not too sweet and as little black seeds in it which you eat. Weird but nice!

Because we are heading into the monsoon season, some of the sunsets are spectacular, this one was last Friday night, Superb.

Sorry to go on, but also this week, I bought a Mountain Bike and joined a Gym, I feel that now I’ve got time on my hands! I’m going to get fit, its about time, I’ve not felt so well for ages, so while I’m in the mood!!!!

Anyway, I’ve done now.

Speak to you all soon

Chris.








(Lovely Sunst)

No comments: