Saturday, October 06, 2012

Cycling a year on




I've had my Road bike for a year now and feel like I should comment on what taken up a good bit of my life in this time.

I bought my Boardman Race Team with the governments "Ride to Work" scheme. This scheme allows you to lease a bike for a year and have the cost deducted from your salary, this means you earn less and at the same time pay less tax and NI. So the £1000 cost me roughly £580...

The bike reinvigorated my love of cycling, now when I don't get out on my bike at least once a week I get grouchy. I've met up with several people I've not seen for ages and have been to places I'd forgotten about.

I've ridden approximately 1200 miles this year and can honestly say I've enjoyed nearly all of them.

The Boardman has really stood up well to the task. The only thing I've changed on the bike is the handlebar tape, although the tyres will be ready in a few weeks, but still super happy with the bike.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: