Sunday, October 15, 2006

Noah's Ark






On Monday evening we had a rain storm that had to be seen to be believed. Two hours of non stop torrential cats and dogs. At one point the water was half way up the drive; I was rehearsing how to get everything upstairs.

The family across the road was just about to see their car float away which was parked on the road. I told them to use my drive, which they hastily accepted. The good thing was that as soon as the rain subsided the water in the street began to go down. The main road leading to our project was not so lucky. They are around 400mm under water and it isn’t going away.

This is the same in many parts of Bangkok, dozens of people have lost their lives and the spread of water born diseases are a definite threat.

5pm in the evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sawatdee-krop,
At least that’s how I think you say hello there. I went to the Emporium Shopping Centre while I was in bankok, but I liked the central mall in chiang mai much better. It was 5 stories, and everything was reasonably priced. They even had an NBA store w/ an MJ jersey. By the way what’s ur e-mail address? I wanted to buy some red bull iced coffee, cafe zu, and powerade alive. I will e-mail you to tell you the quantity, how much I will pay you etc. through
e-mail.
Write me back: Bnewman8629@email.vccs.edu