Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Mega Visa Run


Usually visa runs are a quick day trip to Cambodia. Now that the new Thai Military Junta hates foreigners I had to go all the way to Perth, Australia to get a one year Non Immigrant Visa.

Don’t get me wrong, the trip was fantastic and I got to see my Uncle Steve, Auntie Paula and totally cool Cus James, so lots of goods things came out of it.

The trip cost a total of £700, £700 I could have done without spending, the visa was gotten easily from a very polite Australian woman at the Thai Consul in Perth. No problems, unlike dealing with the Gestapo in Bangkok.

Going to Australia as been a trip of many firsts, these include;

First time in Southern Hemisphere
First time playing golf in said Hemisphere
First time across the equator
Never seen wild Kangaroos before
Having a death metal bass playing cousin (Who rocks)
First flight from Suvanabhumi Airport

I’ll fill you in more deeply in later posts, but I enjoyed my time in Aus.

No comments: