Sunday, October 01, 2006

No Playing with Guns


The latest directive from the Military Junta is for the troops to stop letting tourists and locals posing for photo’s whilst at the same time holding the weapons.

In all fairness this is a damn fine suggestion, the other day as I was driving passed a detachment of troops, a young lad about 1ten, was standing up in a Hum vie port hole, I thought the soldier was about to bullock him! But no, he was showing him how to cradle the M-60 in his shoulder properly, great Army recruitment.

The Thai Army is taking some stick internationally about the age of their equipment, 1960’s Patton Tanks that the US used in the Vietnam War and some of the assault rifles are from the same era. Also some pundits claim that none of the tanks have any ammo anyway.

Well in the picture, the armoured vehicle carrying the radar guided 30mm cannon chain gun was definitely fully armed, this boy will do serious damage to any stray helicopter or other armoured vehicle. Not a piece of kit I’d take the piss out of lightly.

It also guarding my local driving range, so I’ll have to watch my slice next time I’m there!

No comments: