Thursday, October 13, 2005

Bangkok Life part 19

What a mad busy week, at the end of last week my EBay listings went mental and I was going to the Wholesalers in the morning, then a five mile round trip by bike to the Post Office. There are loads of little Post Offices near me, but they charge a commission to send a parcel. Being as I was sending 4 – 5 parcels a day it was worth the bike ride.

My eBay Page

Over the weekend we had two of Nuch’s teenage cousins to visit, they are from the South of Thailand and on their summer holidays. They are both Muslim and being as we are in Ramadan they have to fast during daylight. It seems really harsh, but First, a 14 year old stuck to it religiously. Nuch had to get up at 4.00am to give them their breakfast before the sun rose. Great! After they had breakfast they went back to bed, I didn’t get up anyway. At around 10.00pm there was a knock on the door, it was Nuch’s Father. It’s only the third time I’ve met. I don’t know how impressed he was as I walked out of the bedroom looking like a sack of shit having been up late watching the England v Austria game.

Autumn is coming, some of the trees are shedding their leaves, but at the same time other are in a boost of growth, the temperature is holding steady at about 34C, going down to around 28C at night. It should get a little cooler, but more importantly the humidity should begin to drop. I’m going to miss scraping ice off the window screen and falling over on ice. Early nights aren’t really an issue, because I’m so close to the equator, pretty much all year round it gets light at six and goes dark at six all year round. I will miss the Christmas piss ups, but I’m looking at spending Christmas at one of the top hotels in Bangkok, I’m looking to see which as the best deal.
Talking of Christmas, if anyone would like a Christmas card from Thailand, send me your address and I’ll send a card from Thailand.

Lastly, on Monday Phil turned up and obviously by 3.00pm we were on the beer. We went to a Pool Bar, and bizarrely I won three out of four games, I was amazed! Later we went for dinner at the Hard Rock CafĂ©. Always a good night in the Hard Lock, top band and top food. The picture of Phil is with Aon, Cake and Pu. All of them good Mates. I’ll do a more in depth post on Phil’s visit later.

No comments: