Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shining Cliff Woods

I'm really trying hard to get fit. The bike is still the best way for me to do.

Today I went on a pretty hard but short ride. Has you can see from the graphics below, there was a lot of climbing just to get to the top of Shining Cliff Woods.




Shining Cliff Woods is a large woodland area between Alderwasley down to Ambergate in Derbyshire. It's always been a huge playground for us, we even played in there when we were at School. However, it comes in to its own when you give it some going down from top to bottom. Its a fairly wide trail, but full of rocks and wet in places. I had forgotton how much I enjoyed Shining Cliff and can't wait to do it again.

I say that, but there is the small matter of the long climb from Belper up to Alderwasley to cope with. You can see what the elevation is like from the graph.

No comments: