Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Diabetes and Me Day 156

I finally got round to visiting the Doctor to find out the result of the blood test I had before Christmas.


It all came about because my eyesight is all over the place and the Optician was concerned that my sugar levels had gone up.

Well the result was great news! My average has come down from 11.8mmo/l to 6. This us what you'd expect from a healthy normal person. All very good news, also the Doctor took me off the Ziclazide tablets and will see how I go with just 2 x 100mcg of Metformin. This is also good, Ziclazide is a strong weight gain tablet, so cutting it out and going on to Metformin should help me loose weight.

Talking of loosing weight, I've enrolled at Weight Watchers. I went before in 1995 and lost 7 stone in 7 months. Too much too quick! I want to loose about 6 stone by the end of the year, this works out at roughly 2lb (800g) per week. I'm up for it and know I can do it. I'll keep this blog updated weekly with how it's going.

No comments: