Tuesday, December 07, 2010

The cold!

For nearly two weeks now the temperature has been below freezing. This morning our thermometer read -11.5C. This is very cold!!!!

The inside of the car was frozen and the roads and pavement are covered in snow and ice. The forcast for the next few days is to get warmer. I hope is does because I just can't get warm.

This morning Elizabeth and I went with Nuch by train to Derby, Nuch was going down to London to the Thai Embassy. Predictably the train we should have caught back to Belper was cancelled so we had to walk into Derby to catch a bus. The bus we caught was one hour late and the countryside we came through on the way home was very snowed up and icy.

My bike is still covered in ice, I haven't a clue what it will be like to ride once all this cold weather has gone. Hopefully it will still be rideable.

No comments: