Friday, September 15, 2006

Thai's, worse drivers in the world?


The answer is, probably!

The Thai’s are certainly the worst drivers I’ve had the pleasure to mix it with on the public highway. Apparently, Indian and Chinese drivers are worse. When I started driving over here, I put it down to a different style of driving. Now I know that driving ability is secondary too owning a car.

I remember in the UK that daily you would see several bad cases of driving per day, let me tell you. In Thailand I see that many per minute. I’ve listed below some of the major faults, I’ll probably get some comments telling me otherwise, but these are my observations;

No Lane discipline
No use of indicator
Ignoring ALL highway signs
Ignoring all speed limits
Putting yourself above the safety of other drivers
Lane hopping
Cutting in (That really pisses me off!)

Sometimes I think about driving in the same manner, but then I remember how wrong and dangerous it is. If this type of driving happened on the roads of Britain there would be a blood bath. Road rage would turn into hobby for most people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget drinking... a lot of Thai drivers aren't sober when they hit the road.

BangkokRam said...

Tell me,

I get laughed at for stopping drinking by the brothers in law!

I didnt mention pick up trucks, mini vans, motorbikes and buses. Dont get me started.