Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Golfing in an Oven



You all know that I love to play golf; I have not played much lately so jumped at the chance of a game yesterday.

I met Kim and her Mother at The Royal Thai Army Golf Course and off we set. It very soon became apparent that the heat was going to be a problem, even with a buggy and caddie.

The temperature must have been at least 40C in the shade, so what the temperature was in the sun is anyone’s guess? I slapped a load of sun block on, which protects you from the sun, but I’m sure warms you up, I had to take my hat off. Too Hot!

I had to have drunk 4-5 litres of fluids, just to keep on going. Everything in this temperature seems to sap your strength; luckily wanting the toilet is no problem. There is no fluid in your body. It’s one of the few times I’ve been glad to finish a game of golf.

Oh yes, the game is still on track.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there I was very pleased to find a website like yours. Thank you for doing such a good job.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Atlanta! I just wanted to let you know your website has been quite fun to browse. Please keep up the good work, I will check back in later.