Friday, December 30, 2005

Goodbye 2005


Ankor Wat in Cambodia


2005 as certainly been a different year for me, which is an understatement to say the least!

I will give you a month by month blow of how the year panned out;

January
I began the year were I will finish it, in Bangkok Thailand. Thailand was in morning because of the Tsunami that had hit the Southern Beaches. I had planned to go to Koh Samui for New Year; Nuch however was worried about another Tsunami, so instead we went to Siam Reap in Cambodia. I was touched by the amount of phone calls I received asking if I was OK and if I’d been affected by the Tsunami.

February
My last normal month in the UK. My last full month at Reckitts in Hull.

March
A lightning four day trip to Thailand to see Nuch and a stop at the Landmark Hotel. One of the top Hotels in Bangkok. Most importantly of all is my decision to move to Thailand.
Ams Golf Trip

April
A fantastic four day trip to Mallorca with the AMS lads, a brilliant time. Good Golf and good nightlife. Another four day trip to Bangkok to see Nuch on her 30th birthday.




Goodbye Hull
May
Left Reckitts and moved back to Belper, I really enjoyed this time. It made me realised what a mistake leaving the area was in the first place. Lots of Golf with the Judge at Breadsall and plenty of nights out.
Goodbye Belper
June
Flew out of Heathrow and said goodbye to the UK, Flying Business Class with Thai Airways is the future. Moved into the Condo. The weather was well hot.

July
Settled in nicely, Nuch moved in full time. Went to Cha Am for a long weekend. A lovely place that I will be going to on the New Year. Also took a two week course in the Thai Language. Still shit at it now!
Cha Am in July
August
39th birthday, Phil paid his first visit. Had the usual top time getting pissed with him. Other visitors were Dave from Huddersfield and Chris from Hull. Got myself a job as well.

September
Heard that I didn’t get the job, Idiot changed his mind. Had a visit from the Burn’s from Hull, starting to get bored with nothing to do during the day. Went to Penang on my first visa run.

October
Quiet month, played a lot of golf as you would expect. Started to do a bit on eBay. Went to Pattaya for the weekend.


My Birthday Party


November
Another visit from Phil, went to Pattaya again. Started selling high end bicycle tyres on eBay. It went super crazy, looks like I’ve found a niche in the market, right tyres at the right price. More than making a living. Also went to Kota Kinabalu (Borneo) on a visa run. Beach at Penang


December The Condo in Pattaya
EBay going crazy, people even bought tyres on Christmas Day. Christmas was a very different affair in Thailand. Actually it was better, over with after December 25th. Looking forward to New Years Eve. Going to the World Plaza for the countdown, then off early doors for a couple of days in Cha Am.

2006
Who knows?

Remember to visit my sales sites, and spread the word.

Phil in Pattaya

My eBay Store

My Sales Web Site

2 comments:

BangkokRam said...

What's good about Bangkok?

Cheap Cold strong Beer
Fit birds (thin and fat)
Top service
33p per litre fuel
good weather
Electrician same day and change out of a tenner
Fit birds
cheap meals
tropical beaches
warm sea
No Chavs
67p for a big mac
respect for elders
Fit birds
18 grand for a new 3 bed semi in the suburbs
And more fit birds

oh yes

The Eden Club
Hard Rock Cafe
Via vie italian
cheap golf
Police easy to bribe

and of course

Fit Birds

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I was browsing for information on callaway golf club when I came acrosss your site, I sure enjoyed the read.
Its amazing what you find whilst you are browsing.
I hope to come back again.
Keep up the good work.

Regards
callaway golf club