Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas Day


I was determined to have a traditional Christmas Day.

I had been planning the Christmas day dinner for a good month. I had managed to get hold of some Paxo, Bisto and Cranberry Sauce. A turkey was out of the question, basically because we have'nt got an oven. So on the day I bought 2 ready cooked chickens. The chickens cost the princely some of £1.00 each and smelled georgous. We also bought a kilo of King Prawns, just in case our Thai Guests didn't like the Farang fare i'd laid on. I think I did a good job with only one electris ring and a microwave oven.

Other food on the menu was Mashed and Roasted (Fried) Potato, carrot, Broccoli and cauliflower.

We took all the presents around to Nuch's Family, we bought the outlaws and Grandparents hampers, and the kids remote control cars which are great fun. Back to the house came two Uncles, two Brothers and three nephews, the Condo was solid.

I started on my present straight away. I'd treated myself to a bottle of Champagne. You dont want to know the cost! Pretty soon the bubbles began to work and I was swaying and slurring everywhere.

I think the meal got about 6-1/2 out of 10. I loved it and had the left overs for lunch on Boxing Day.

After the family had left, I carried on the usual Christmas Day tradition of lying on the sofa watching the Big Film and then falling asleep.

It was a wierd day, it was a normal day in Thailand, luckily it was a sunday and people weren't at work.

No comments: