Monday, January 10, 2022

New Year Blues

 I'm always a very positive type of person and encourage others to be the same.

For some reason this year just hasn't gotten into groove for me, I can't put my finger on it but something isn't right.

Work is stupid bust and there are issues with some accounts that are beyond my control, so that's not helping. Being approached over the break from another company to take a job with them also didn't help, it was on my mind all over the holidays.

The ongoing Covid 19 pandemic is definitely not easing my mind any, we've booked to go back to Thailand at the end of July this year and that uncertainty is also an issue in my head at the moment.

My weight is a little up which is extremely depressing. I though I'd got the weight maintenance sussed, I weighed myself this morning and I was 84kg, that's as heavy as I've been for a year and I'm not happy about it. I really don't want to go back into full Keto regime, it takes over your life and interferes with your exercise regime. I'll monitor it for another week and see what I need to do. I want to be 80kg to go back to Thailand in July.

Blood sugar is ok, not perfect but I've just come through Christmas and it is what it is.

So far as fitness goes, I'm actually flying at the moment. I can't remember feeling so fit on a bike, I went out yesterday with the Bike Club and even though it was a short ride I was up at the front all ride. I've set myself the goals of beating 2021 mileage (2450) and to ride 100 miles in a day.

Hopefully this is a temporary malaise and I lose a few kilo, the weather improves and I win the lottery...

No comments: