Saturday, January 21, 2012

That was the year that was 2011


2011 started as 2010 end, very snowy and cold. I was still only working part time, but we were more than getting on fine. At the end of the month I got a full time job. Working for a National company at their local Depot.

In March, Elizabeth and I went to Disneyland Paris. Not my cup of tea, but obviously Elizabeth looved every second. It was good to get back to France and I made the most of our visit to the Hypermarket near Calais to stock up on goodies.





Over Easter I took Elizabeth to Matlock Bath and a visit up to the Heights of Abraham via the cable cars. The cable cars never fail to impress and the pictures you can get looking down the Derwent Valley are truly spectacular.


In May and June we went on Holiday to Thailand. We did Bangkok, Koh Samet and Hua Hin. All of these are personal favourites of mine. We stayed at several excellent Hotels and visited some excellent beaches. We met the In- Laws who were all fine. Although later in the year they were severly affected by the floods that hit Thailand.



One of the lasting memories were the Zoo's we visited in Thailand, we were able to get up close and personal with Dolphins, Orang Utan, Deer, Sharks, Elephants and baby Tigers.



Elizabeth continued to grow both in height and personallity. She is becoming a proper little person. There are good days and bad days, mostly good days. She is in The rainbows, goes to Karate and is having swimming lessons.



In August, Elizabeth and I went to Zante for a week. Despite loosing our original holiday to Turkey because of the holiday company going bust we had a great time. I really like Europe and hope to get there again this year.



The last quarter of the year as been taken up by my re-introduction to cycling. It as bought alot of memories and I'm meeting up with alot of people who I've not seen for years. I bought the bike through the Cycle to Work scheme, which means I got a top bike and I get at least 40% off and only pay for it weekly. I'm still searching for the downside of the scheme.






2011 was definately better than 2010. I can only hope that 2012 is as good.

No comments: