Saturday, October 09, 2010

Retro


Thirty years ago, I was just starting year ten at High School. I was just getting into fashion, music and being a teenager.

Fashion like today was really a uniform and one item cropped up that every lad had to have, whether punk, rocker or mod. That was to own a pair of Adidas Samba trainers. They were supposedly for indoor 5 a side, which they ideal. As a fashion item they were in the same league as Doc Martins, Levis jeans and Wrangler jackets.

Low and behold on one of Nuch's trips to Westfield in Derby I saw that JJB sports still sold them and this time in difeerent colours. I only remember the black leather ones, now there are Blue suede which I bought and also a bright green which is an acquired taste. They are still really comfortable and at £39.99 they are still the same price as they were 30 years ago.

Who knows, maybe Mohair jumpers and permed hair will come back into fashion as well.

No comments: