Monday, November 06, 2006

The Perth Parkers











Going to Perth meant seeing the first family for nearly two years, and as you would expect it was the Parkers who emigrated to the other side of the world nearly 20 years ago.

Steve and Auntie Paula have always been favourites of mine, taking me on some of my first outing to pubs and Auntie Paula’s knack of cooking the perfect roast onion.

I also reacquainted myself with my cousin James, I last saw James on a fleeting visit to the UK 10 years ago, as you can see from the pics, and he’s changed a bit. James is an accomplished Bass player with a couple of Death Rock Bands, a bit of a celeb in the Perth area. Still a cool bloke I’m happy to have as a cousin. Although at the moment he looks more like Abraham Lincoln than a Parker. Steven, my other cousin is out over in Adilade so I didn’t get to see him.

I really appreciate the time and trouble the Australian Parkers out in to my time there, it shall never be forgotten.

No comments: