Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wot! No World Cup

Since England qualified for the world cup i've been looking forward to the tournament with eager anticipation.

This morning the UBC TV Magazine came through the door, straight away I knew there was a problem. Instead of Bobby Moore gallently holding up the world cup, there was a picture of a gay tennis player on the cover and the words "The hottest sport of the month" eeerrrr, I don't think so. The French Open might as well not be taking place, as I believe the final clashes with one of the group matches of the world.

Why they are not showing it defeats me! All year we have had the build up and profile of the teams on the sport channels. It looks like I will have to trawl quite a few seedy bars bars in downtown Bangkok to find a TV with it on.

As a footnote to this post, I have found out that one of the Thai terrestial stations will be showing most games. alas this means a Thai guy doing at very bad impression of Andy Gray and adverts during the game.

This is not good, not good at all!!!!

No comments: