Saturday, April 01, 2006

Bangkok Life march 06


March was a very busy month indeed! Moving into the house as taken up so much time, effort and money. I had forgotten what it was like. I started to do tile the kitchen. Nuch then decided to ask her Brother and Uncle to come and finish the job. I don’t think that I had done a perfect enough job for her. Bodge it and Scarper turned up and proceeded to make the biggest mess I have ever seen. Starting the tiling in the middle, no glue on the water pipes and why use filler when you have a spare tub of grout. In the end I ended up finishing the job, and have now got the job of taking out all of the grout that was slapped in and do it again.




As you can see from the pictures, health and safety is a not in the Thai dictionary. This suited me; I just had to be careful of the toes.


The view out of the window is now very different from Phil’s Condo, No high rise and very few people who can speak any English. My Thai is coming on leaps and bounds, maybe because I have to speak Thai or I don’t speak at all. Living out here may be quiet, but it is so cheap. Three pint bottles of my fave beer only £1.40 and the fried rice dish in the picture only 30p.



Phil and John came out again during march, I didn’t see as much of them as I would have liked, but living out of Bangkok now and also being skint limited the time I was able to spend with them. We had a good night in the Hard Rock Café, and a chicken kebab to end the night was just what the Doctor ordered.

At the end of March I went out with Kim, Jimmy and Nick. We went to the Dubliner, were they serve Bass Beer. It’s a bitter, but it doesn’t taste like Bass. Maybe the temperature means they can’t keep a live beer long enough before it goes off. After the Dubliner we went to Soi Cowboy. Soi Cowboy is one of the Girlie parts of town. We were treated to several bizarre shows; one involved a couple of women shooting darts from a pea shooter at balloons. I don’t want to go into were the pea shooter was mounted, but it wasn’t their mouths! How do they do that?

Fairly steady on the ebay front, saving up to get another car. You need a car out here, it’s not fair on Nuch having to go to work the way she does in her condition. You can now tell she is pregnant!!!!

If you have sent me an e-mail recently and I’ve not replied don’t worry. I’m not on the phone yet at the house and have to use a local Internet Café. Which is ok! However quite a few of my internet details are stored on my laptop and I’m unable to access them easily. Hopefully this will be resolved very shortly.

That’s it for March, even though were nearly halfway through April. April see’s the Songkran Festival. This means people walking up to you and throwing a load of water over you. Also a time when the kills by drunk driving goes through the roof. This year the government wants to keep it below a thousand deaths during the festival!!!!

No comments: