Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Bangkok Life part 25


This week has panned out pretty much like an ideal week in Thailand should be, lots of golf, some good hard work and a trip to tropical paradise. I know I want travel to exotic destinations every week but it would be nice.

I have played golf three times this week and as usual the game of golf is never predictable. Yesterday I had one of my best front nine’s ever, if I could have continued it on the back nine, a best all time score would have been a sinch. As anyone who plays this level of golf they’ll tell you that what you want to happen never happens. After four no returns and five mediocre holes all I finished with was sun burn. I hate Golf!!!

The weather at the moment is fantastic, because the rainy season is over the humidity levels are dropping, the days are fine and sunny. Very Mediterranean. Average daily temps are 33C and very pleasant. At night time temps have been slipping to below 20C. This is so nice, I almost feel cold. People tell me I’ll miss the English winter, err! No I don’t miss it in the slightest.

Whilst I was in Borneo last week I came across these two beers. Beer is not so easy to get hold of. The most readily available is Carlsberg and Tiger Beer (They call it beer not me). I came across these gems. Export Guinness is a very strong 8% abv. It tastes fantastic and goes down very well. The Anchor Beer is a weird tasting beer, tastes like a wheat beer put in a pleasant way. Obviously I needed a second, third and fourth opinion. Very Good.

One last thing this week. It’s my Mum’s 60th birthday, this is the second birthday I’ve been away in far countries, so just to say:

Happy 60th Birthday
Mum

No comments: