Friday, March 20, 2015

Black Boy Inn Caernarfon

Last week I stayed away in North Wales,  I chose Caernarfon as my base.

I love north Wales,  it is without doubt my favourite part of the UK. Caernarfon can be a little intimidating,  most of the locals call Welsh their first language and it is probably the hub if Welsh nationalism. Do not let this put you off, the town as many excellent hotels and restaurants and the castle is top drawer.

I stayed at The Black Boy Inn, from the outside it looks like a small pub,  somehow there are 21 rooms shoe horned into the place. I paid £60 for a night bed and breakfast which is excellent value.

There is a small car park,  first come first served so get there early. The wifi in the hotel is first class.

My room had a four poster bed which is very comfy,  the bathroom is quite large with all modern fittings.
I ate at the hotel,  the food is fine but there are better places to eat just a sort walk away. You can put your bill to the room bill.

Breakfast is very good, fresh ingredients and piping hot. The service throughout the hotel is excellent.

I award The Black Boy a sound 8/10 and would definitely use them again.

No comments: