Sunday, November 07, 2010

Artic Thailand

It's the time of year in Thailand when the temperatures dip below 20C.

The fir coats and hoodies come out and everyone complains about the cold. The lowest temperature I saw when I lived in Pathum Thani was 18C, for me that was still warm enough for shorts and I found the whole experience to be very enjoyable.

As you can see from photo, right up in the northern part of Thailand the temperatures are due to be around 14C. In this part of the world temperatures can get down to 5 or 6C. This is cold for Thailand and not to be jokey, people do die from the cold.

Has I write this in a barmy 11C in the UK I may have to put a jacket on when I go out later. We have decided to go back to Thailand next summer when the temperature will be 30C plus, so I suppose I will have to learn how to cope with the heat and humidity.

No comments: