Monday, March 29, 2010

Pub v Supermarket

A lot as been said about the on going fued between your local pub and supermarket.
On one hand the pub is a great place to meet up with mates, have a few or more beers and catch up on all the goings on in peoples lives. Now there is no smoking allowed in pubs, I really enjoy going. Your clothes don't smell if cigarette smoke and your lungs are the same health has when you started the evening. Plus the smug feeling you get seeing all the smokers outside rules.
Just lately supermarkets have been upsetting the apple cart, I think the biggest threat to pubs is the uber cheap beer in the supermarkets. Yesterday I bought four one pint cans of Stella Artois 4 for £2.99. If I had bought these in my local it would have nearly £12. Add onto this the enevitable kebab at the end of the night and you've just done nearly £20, or to put it another way, you've saved £17....
My personal choice is the pub, the getting out of the house and meeting up with mates and having the crack will take alot of beating.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Pattaya Girls said...

good blog, how come you get so few comments, timid readers ?

BangkokRam said...

I've allways wondered that. I think the main reason is i've changed the title a few times but only 10% of comments are from people I don't know.
I would welcome any comments, good or bad.
Thanks for your interest.