Thursday, December 18, 2008

Robbing, Bastard Landlord


Well not the landlord, but his agent. Just before we left our last place Nuch dropped a hot iron on the carpet, it left a burn mark the same shape. We tried to repair the carpet and in all fairness I made a complete botch of it.

I knew I would have to pay something out of my deposit and so waited to find out. Well the company called Managed Exit eventually told me that the cost would be £481.00 + vat!!! They want me to pay for the whole carpet even though we are only talking a six inch square.

The upshot is that they have now said £481 inc vat, so i'm only going to get £100 back, so i'm not going to release the bond which is held at an independent deposit holder. I'd be prepared to go halves, I know that some monies are owed.

So watch this space!
19th January. Today I had a letter from the deposit protection scheme (DPS), they informed that the agent as not complied with the terms and conditions of the deposit. They went on to say that I would be entitled to my deposit! Not sure what means, i'll contact them and find.
So watch this space again.

No comments: