Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Gi Gi's Birthday



We love Koh Samet, it’s the closest thing to a tropical island close too Bangkok, only a three hour drive and a 15 minute speed boat trip and your there.

We stayed at Samed Villa’s http://www.samedvilla.com/ ; it’s a new set of bungalows and only £23 a night per room. As you can see from the room, the view was pretty spectacular.

It was Gi’s birthday, Gi is a good friend of Kim, and so we were lucky to get an invite for the weekend. Friday night we had a lovely meal on the beach near the Hotel, I had a late one going with the girls (In Picture) to the local Nightspot. God! I’m too old for that sort of shit. I also met one of Gi’s friends and her English boyfriend. Ian is a teacher not far from me and more importantly comes from Derby!

The following day we spent most of the day on the beach, I snorkelled, read, relaxed and as usual got sunburnt. I don’t know how I manage it, I’m always so careful for obvious reasons. Sadly it meant I was in no condition to go to the Saturday night party. Nuch and I made the most of our Elizabeth free weekend and had a quiet meal by ourselves and a walk back on the beach.

Sadly departure on Sunday soon came around and we were blessed with only a total trip back of only three hours, which was great, Nuch was missing Elizabeth and was desperate to get back. So thanks Kim for the weekend.

No comments: