Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Bangkok Life Feb 2006

What a strange and bizzare month this as been. On the one hand I had some news which I will go into next month that is life changing. On the other I must admit i'm skint, the house is taking so much of my funds I may have to consider a two month trip back to Blighty to raise funds. This isn't something I want to do, but needs must. So if there is anyone out there who needs some tempory staff for a few months let me know.

My ebay venture, whilst doing OK needs the cash injection to get going properly, I also have a new website specializing in top end bike bits, but again I need the funds from a trip back to the UK to start it up.

Hopefully it doesn't come to this and I get six numbers in the lottery this weekend!

With the exception of my trip to Cambodia this month most of my time as been taken up with doing the house. I have recently tiled the Kitchen and we have set up a rudementry water system up until we get mains water at the end of the month. We still plan to move in during the first week of march. I can't wait. Its been good living in Phils Condo, but it is the most expensive part of Town. So moving out into the sticks will be alot cheaper.

We have discovered loads of places in and around the area of Phils Condo this last Month. Good restaurants and good Pubs, hopefully i'll get the oppurtunity to share them with you when you visit.

Phil and John are coming out again at the end of march, there are several other people coming out towards the end of the year. So i'll be quite busy.




Despite all the going's on, I have still manage to find a couple of new beers. The first is Beer Lao. As the name would suggest,this beer comes from Laos. To be honest its a very fine pilsner, superb when chilled.
The second is Angkor Beer from Cambodia, unlike most things to do with cambodia, this is one thing I do like. This beer could easily become my favourite and at only $1.00 a can in the Restaurant I was in, the price is good too. In the same Restaurant I also bought a can of Draught Bass. Bizarre that I was drinking a beer made 20 miles from Belper, 6500 miles away. What a small world.

Talking of small worlds, On my way back to the Condo last weekend I took a double take of a couple that I recognised. It turned out that I did in fact know them. The guy Dean Hodgekinson, I went to school with his elder brother darren and the women whose name I forget (Sorry), I went to school with her elder brother , Andrew Tonks. We talked for 15 minutes while I passed on my best to my two old schoolmates.


Obviously Febuary is Valentine Month, the Thai's love this day and showering gifts on your loved one is expected. I've included the picture of Nuch with her roses and cuddly toy, She seemed fairly impressed with the effort that I put in.


Speak to you all soon!!!!

No comments: