Monday, January 16, 2006

Tour of Siam


Yesterday I went to watch "The Tour of Siam" Cycle race.

It is a six day stage race starting in Bangkok and Phucket. The first day began at the Grand Palace and move just outside the city to complete a seven lap circuit.

It was good to see a bike race again, and being as my business is still in the cycle game, I thought I had a duty to go.

I was shocked to see some of the spectators and even racers wearing arm and leg warmers! It was 42C and bloody sunny. How the guy who was racing coped with the heat? God alone knows.

At the back of the bunch was a sight I had expected to see, one of the welsh guys shelled out the back, probaly done a long turn on the front and then the heat got to him. It doesn't matter how many miles you ride at home. the heat is going to get you.

No comments: