Thursday, August 19, 2010

Diabetes and Me Day 15

I had my first road trip at work today, I had to visit a Farmer all the way down at Hastings in Kent. Road trips were always a problem with the amount and quality of food I would eat. Generally I would live on what I can buy at motorway service stations, food like chocolate, crisps, pies and burgers. All washed down with plenty of fizzy pop, all the things that are now on the do not touch list!

Today I took four slices of bread and jam, two oranges, one Necterine, an apple and a banana. Also a bootle of sparkling mineral water.

I managed to only eat the food that I took with me and only stopped once at a service station to use the toilet. I also saved at least £10 of my own money with not buying anything...

Yesterday my glucose level was 6.4 mmo/l which is outstanding, today it was back up at 12.3 mmo/l. Not sure why the levels are so mad?

No comments: