Friday, August 27, 2010

North Wales






Over the last couple of days Elizabeth and I have spent time touring and camping in North Wales.

I used to go to Wales with my Granma as a boy, then much more recently I camped and raced in North Wales several times over my first marraige days.

I was keen to go back and visit some of the old sites. We camped at shell Island, Shell Island is the largest camp site in Europe. We were camped less than 80m from the Irish sea and the camp site was just as I remebered.

We visited Barmouth, Porthmadog, Llanfern Slate Mine and Harlech Beach. Elizabeth really loved the beach, Harlech beach is an hidden gem. Miles of empty, clean beaches. We were lucky the sun was out and we had a good splash in the sea.

We hope to go back in late september, this time with Nuch.

No comments: