Monday, August 09, 2010

Diabetes and Me Day 5

Yesterday was the first day I actually felt ill. I felt tense, flushed and easily to be on edge.


The diet thing is not making me happy, hunger seems to be stalking me. If I think about work and all the things that are going on their my face flushes up and I get a really bad headache. This is not good!!!!

The reading I took at 2.00pm was 15.9. The blood sugar level is the amount of glucose (sugar) in the blood. It is also known as plasma glucose level. It is expressed as millimoles per litre (mmol/l).

Normally blood glucose levels stay within narrow limits throughout the day: 4 to 8mmol/l. But they are higher after meals and usually lowest in the morning.

In diabetes the blood sugar level moves outside these limits until treated. Even with good control of diabetes, the blood sugar level will still at times drift outside this normal range.

No comments: