Thursday, October 21, 2010

Siam Buri

Whilst we were on holiday the other week we went to Hull for the day. Whilst we were playing with Elizabeth in the large indoor play area called Big Fun, I had a look on the internet for a place to eat. We came up a Thai restaurant called Siam Buri on Anlaby Road in Hull.

I'll be honest with, I'm not a great lover of Thai meals outside my house or outside Thailand, whilst in the UK I've has many poor Thai meals as I've had good one's. However Nuch really wanted something spicy after our week of fry ups and pub grub. In all fairness I was looking forward to it.

When you walk through the door, you are greated by a ultra modern lay out with a few Thai pictures on the wall, first impressions are very good and we were immediately seated by friendly staff. I went for a favourite of mine, Som Tam, this is a spicy raw papaya salad. In the UK, raw papaya is expensive so alot of places use carrot. Siam Buri used swede which is far closer to papaya, it also had a twist in that the swede was lightly fried and came with full sized prawns, not the usual little dried things you get in Thailand. The dish was outstanding and is a firm favourite of mine now. I also had a stir fry with vermocelli noodles. Nuch had her usual hot jungle curry and vegatbales. Even Elizabeth enjoyed her rice, chicken Satay and Prawn crackers. The food was first class, I even managed to squeeze in a banana fritter dessert.....

Seriously, Siam Buri is the best Thai restaurant I've been to out side of Thailand and should you ever be in Hull, phone them up and book a table.

Contact details:

521-523 Anlaby Road

Hull, East Yorkshire
HU3 6EN
United Kingdom

Tel : 01482 503240

No comments: