Monday, October 25, 2010

Boredom

I'm in to my second week of being out of work, and boy it is boring!

Elizabeth is unable to go to Nursery because as soon as your become unemployed you loose the child tax credits that paid for her to go there.

I have had to come up with interesting activities to keep her occupied during the day, these so far have included baking, sandwich making, walks, rides on her bikes and using a blackboard to draw things. The problem is that I've got to find a job at the same time and this is proving not to be easy.

I've applied for about 20 jobs so far, ranging from cleaning jobs up to a Maintenance Manager. I'm limited to what times I can work because of Nuch's alternate shifts were she works. I've even applied for a temp job at Supermarket Morrisons up till Christmas.

I'm always looking for opportunities to start working for myself, unfortunately I've had a few ideas but these all need to funded which I'm not up for at the moment.

Anyway, the last thing I'm going to do is feel sorry for myself. In the same vain, I'm determined to get out on my bike more and get fit. I'm really back into the bike at the moment and keep on upping the amount of time I get out on it and the amount of effort I put in.

When I get a job, I'll update my blog again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope this is nothing to do with the spending cuts. At least, you are taking a positive approach by seeking a new job. That is an excellent attitude.