Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Home at last



Home at last, after a three day stay in hospital, Nuch and I have Elizabeth to ourselves!

Well we would if we didn’t have Nuch’s family staying the night, every night. In Asia it is custom for the new Mum to go into hiding for a month, do nothing. Dress in woollies, drink strange potions and have the family do everything.

They originally wanted her to go back to their house and live there for a month, I put my foot down on that idea. So this is a bit of a compromise. Not perfect, but I’m adapting. Giving her Father the shitty nappies to change and the messy end of jobs.

The first night was murder, Elizabeth had been as good as gold all day, then at night she transformed, in all fairness it was Nuch’s Dad who got her to sleep, and we managed four hours sleep. Last night was a little better; we’re getting there slowly but surely.

I’m quite impressed with my fathering skills; changing nappies and feeding seem pretty easy. I watched the nurses at the hospital to see how they handled Elizabeth, all very matter of fact, not beating around the bush.
I’ll keep you all posted on how things go in the next few weeks

No comments: