Saturday, October 07, 2006

Crash


I had my first accident in the car this week. I think I did well to avoid it for the year that I’ve been driving.

Going down to Pratunam, just before the Indra Regent Hotel, I was in the left hand lane when a motorcyclist came across three lanes to gain a couple of metres, he banged into another MC, who in turn banged into me and went under the car.

I slammed the brakes on, luckily like most of Bangkok; you never get much above 20kmh, so stopping was quick. I got out and saw the guy prostrate under his bike looking a bit worse for wear.

He got up, dusted himself down and proceeded to grovel and beg for forgiveness, there was a small mark on the car which I rubbed off with my thumb. I tried in my best Thai to tell him to and go and find the prat who had knocked into him and give them a good hiding. He looked pleased the foreigner wasn’t going to throw a fit and went on his way.

That’s my duck over with, now I need to find a way to avoid all accidents. This time I was lucky, next time?

No comments: