Saturday, July 23, 2005

Wish You Where Here Special



Hello Everybody,
I had such a good weekend, I’ve decided to do “I Wish you where here” special. We booked to go to a Hotel called Casa Papaya at the Thai resort of Chi Am; it is about 150 miles away from BKK on the Gulf of Thailand. The trip was a bit arduous, a bus trip from home to near the Southern Bus Terminal, then a Taxi the rest of the way to the Bus Terminal and then a Bus to Cha Am followed by another Taxi ride to the hotel. It took about four hours, and it’s a journey you need to be prepared for! The cost however was a huge 242bht one way, that’s £3.20 to you and me.
We finally got there and I must admit, it was not what we were expecting, it was small compared to some of the complex’s that dwarfed it, it had a Mexican “Ting” going down, with lots of Cacti and the Bungalows looking decidedly Tex-Mex. We had the Beach Front Bungalow, as you can see from the photo, it was beautiful, the room was down stairs and at the side where steps that took you up to your own private sun terrace. The view from the Bungalow was special, obviously in the picture I make it better.
The Beach runs South for about 250 miles, and as you can see from the photo, it could be any beach in the Caribbean, except they don’t have Hurricanes and their where no people, Cha-Am is still quiet, with fishing still taking up most of the industry. The sea was amazing, it was hot! Not just warm, but actually hot, I’ve never encountered this before; we made the most of it, just lying in the shallows getting nice and warm. All along the beach there where these trees with a flower on them called the Lamphon, the flowers that Nuch is modelling are very strong smelling, they smell like concentrated roses, the whole air is full of the smell.
The following morning I got up early and took the picture of the sunrise, I knew it would be spectacular because we where facing due East. Anyway this took it out of me for the rest of the day, so I spent wandering from sea to Pool via the hammock.
So remember, if you want a change, think about the Gulf Coast of Thailand, there’s loads to do and a couple could do a fortnight trip here for around £1500 total, and you could come and see me in Bangkok for free!!!!
Talk to you later in the week with my weekly update.

Chris.

1 comment:

BangkokRam said...

Thank you Baron, The Industrial strength of the hammock will pale into insignificance compared to the Industrial Strength Good Hiding my new Ladyboy friends are going to give you in a few weeks.