Sunday, December 26, 2010

Diabetes and Me Day 143

Warning - Contains frank discussion of bodily functions......

or REVENGE OF METFORMIN

As part of the treatment for my Diabetes, I take Metformin. This drug lowers your blood sugar and helps you to regulate your condition.

Unfortunately one of the side effects is severe flatulence and or diarrhoea! In the time I've taking it the effects have been mild. However I have noticed that the more rich the food you eat the more severe the end result. Unfortunately at Christmas you tend to eat a lot more rich food, and after a day of Christmas dinners, Christmas pudding, cheese and biscuits and dips my insides began to bubble just before I went to bed. During the night the noise and smell woke everyone up. Despite minus temperatures outside, I had to sleep with a window open just to get some fresh air in the room.


Then the runs kicked in! I can honestly say that I thought I was going to suffocate on the smell of my own body!! About an hour later I emerged from the toilet a lot lighter than when I entered and a can of air freshner lighter.

Today I'll take it more steady on the rich food!!

No comments: