Friday, September 24, 2010

Diabetes and Me Day 50

Its the 50th day since I found out that I was a chronic type 2 diabetic. Strange as it may seem, since knowing that I have this illness I feel 100% better in myself.


I can now put a lot of the problems I was facing with temperament, depression and no self worth were directly associated with suffering from diabetis and not knowing it. My weight loss seems to be slowing down, but then again I feel and look alot better than I did. The diet is still on the go, however I have had a couple of lapses, but they don't seem to have done me any harm. I think I'm beginning to live with this thing.

I need to get back on my bike, I've not been on it for a fornight and it seems unlikely I will for the next two weeks because I'm very busy at home.

Taking the tablets is no problem, I have always taken some sort of tablet for the last 16 years, so a few more wont hurt.

Last night I took a glucose reading, it came out at 9 mmo/l. This was very pleasing, I seem to be averaging out at 10 - 12 mmo/l, whilst still high, its alot better than it was.

Firts 50 days, I'll give myself a thumbs up!!!

No comments: