Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Diabetes and Me Day 40

Yesterday I had an appointment with the Diabetes Nurse at Whitemoor Clinic.


I had a thorough examination including Blood Pressure, Weight, pulse and bizzarely my feet! The blood pressure was spot on fine, my weight is still to much. However I was told that Glciazide tablet I'm taking can make you put weight on any my heart rate of 78bpm was fine. Feet are a good indicator of your bodies health when you have diabetes apparently. I had to have a sensitivity test and make note of any blotches so as to compare at the next exam.

I have got to go for a further blood test for cholestorol, last time it was a bit high and if it's still the same, I may have to start taking more tablets...

I will shortly receive an appointment to go and have a full eye test at the Hospital, again eyesight is a pontential problem when you have diabetes. I was also given a diabtese folder and will have an appointment sent through to me to go and get help from a diabetes support group.

On the whole I feel a whole lot more healthy than I did 40 days ago, I'm not in control yet, but I'm getting there.

No comments: