Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bangkok Life August 06

August is always my favourite month, partly because it’s my birthday, but mainly it always used to be holiday month.

In my former life, trips to Spain, Turkey and Greece were always the highlights of the year. Now all of that holds very little significance. I just enjoy life everyday. Being forty this month was a lot easier as I’m in Thailand, none of my so called mates taking the piss out of me because I’m forty.

My life now is so much quieter, although I’m sure that will change at the end of September when small Parker turns up. Thanks Mum for sending us a boat load of baby clothes. Even though I’m busy with my e-business, its not 9 – 5, so I have time to myself, why I didn’t become my own Boss years ago, I don’t know.

We have been told by the Hospital that the baby is more likely to come at the end of September, rather than the middle of October. Can’t wait, neither can Nuch, being pregnant is getting boring,

Like the rest of the world, the political and terrorist situation in Thailand is getting worse. A huge bomb found in Bangkok, daily killings in the south of the country and the political problem getting violent. I’m seriously planning a possible escape route. I will have to include Nuch and the baby, but my favoured destination will be Penang in Malaysia. Close to Thailand, regular flights and easy to get back from. This would be a last resort, but one a lot of ex-pats are looking at.

The weather in august should be fairly simple to forecast in Thailand. Very hot during the day and the last hour of daylight a heavy downpour, then oppressively hot and humid night. We have hardly seen any rain so far, only the last few days of the month yielding any rain. At the moment it is a cool 28C, which is cold for the time of year.

I hope you all like my blog site, I try to keep it interesting and when in the near future we get a land line, I’ll try to post every day.

1 comment:

BangkokRam said...

Testing Testing