Monday, November 14, 2005

Visa Run

One of the pitfalls of living in Thailand is the need for a Visa.

If you come in as a tourist you automatically get a thirty day Tourist Visa, at the end of thirty days you have to leave Thailand through a passport control, enter another country and then return for another thirty days.

I managed to wangle a Non- Immigrant Visa. Thia lasts for a year and you only have to leave the country every ninety days.

This is still a real pain! Last time I went to Penang in Malaysia. I enjoyed Malaysia, so i'm going back shortly to renew my Visa. This time i'm going to East Malaysia, what we know as Borneo. The city is called Kota Kinabalu. It is next door to Brunei. For this trip I will be on my own. Nuch is away with work for the weekend.

I will do a full blog report after I get back.

No comments: