Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Bangkok Life part 22


What a strange week this as been, we heard that we were able to get a mortgage for the new house, which is a huge weight of my mind.
We spent most of the weekend looking for stuff we are going to need in the house. When we get the house it will be an empty shell, so basically we will have to buy everything. I’ve done a preliminary budget and I reckon it will cost around 200,000 baht which is just under £3000.
We visited a kitchen place and had a kitchen planned, a little shocked when it came out at nearly £2000, this was a hand built kitchen, not a flat pack budget number, but that figure would eat up 60% of the budget! We’re looking round for a cheaper version.
I’ve listed a few things below for comparison below

JVC 29” Flat Screen - £125
Samsung upright Washer - £110
Mitsubishi Aircon - £200
Samsung huge Fridge Freezer - £130

I’ve enclosed a picture of the show home; this is something like we want to do with our place.

A new beer as hit Thailand. “Cheers” (I kid you not) is a new budget beer that is 5.2% abv and comes in at 21p for half pint can. Unfortunately it taste’s worse than Tiger Beer. To say it tastes like shandy would be doing a shandy a dis-service. I bought two cans and still have one in the fridge.

The other day I had to go to the furthest side of Bangkok away from me, I went to see a bicycle component supplier. After a two hour journey I arrived. It went to show I really need to knuckle down and learn more Thai. I can survive on public transport and in restaurant. I understand more than I can speak. So from now on I’m going to knuckle down and get my head and get conversational Thai by Christmas.

Also Check out my new eBay Shop

Talking of Christmas, anyone who would like a card from Thailand, email me your address and I’ll send you a card, a few of you have and I’ll get them on the way in a few weeks.

Sawasdee Krap.

No comments: