Monday, August 29, 2005

Birthday Party


At night on my birthday, Nuch and I met up with two of her friends from work and three former University friends, and for all of you single guys, at least two of them are looking for boyfriends. We met at a Restaurant called Leewadee, it is a Thai Restaurant on a road call Ram Intra, there are loads of real smart restaurants on this road, 99% of the customers are Thai, its almost a secret kept from Tourists, a palce where Thai's can enjoy themselves with other Thai's.
The food is also mostly Thai, which isnt a problem to me, there are loads of staff, almost one waiter to one table, the surrounding are very upper class as most of the customers are.
There was a live band, which turned out to be one of Thailands best bands doing an accoustic set, so when they sang happy birthday to me, I cant imagine an english equivilant doing the same.
The food was fantastic, I had my favourite, Fried chicken with cashew nuts in a chilli sauce, we had crab Curry, deep fried Tiger prawns and some Dim Sum. loads for everyone. We all had copious amouts of cocktails and at the end of the night Nuch surprised me with a Birthday cake. Nuch really showed she cared on my birthday, I had a fantastic night. Especially when the bill came, the total amount for seven people including drinks by the galloon loads of cocktails and Irish coffee's - £70! Not bad.

No comments: