Wednesday, August 03, 2011

No Holiday

(TOSSERS)

I had a phone call this afternoon to tell me that the holiday I booked last week is not going to happen.

The company Holidays4U have gone into administration and this is who our flight to Turkey were booked with. There is a ATOL bond, but we are'nt going to get our money back overnight. We have been quoted any time between 2 days to 1 year to get the money back. So in the mean time we'll try and pursue the money through Visa.

The company I booked with "Sunshine.co.uk" have done as much as they can, they have refunded the cost of the hotel and transfer.

What as been a downer is the large travel company's have taken advantage of the situation. A flight this morning from Manchester to Bodrum on the 15th August was £255 per person, when I last checked this evening the price was £464 per person! This is just taking the piss, yes people need to make a profit, but that sort of increase is a little obscene.

I'm going to wait till this time next week, see if there are any bargains, if not its hello N. Wales...

No comments: